The Purpose of God
We affirm our belief in the one-eternal God, Creator and Lord of the world, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, who governs all things according to the purpose of his will. He has been calling out from the world a people for himself, and sending his people back into the world to be his servants and his witnesses, for the extension of his kingdom, the building up of Christ's body, and the glory of his name. We confess with shame that we have often denied our calling and failed in our mission, by becoming conformed to the world or by withdrawing from it. Yet we rejoice that even when borne by earthen vessels the gospel is still a precious treasure. To the task of making that treasure known in the power of the Holy Spirit we desire to dedicate ourselves anew.
(Isa. 40:28; Matt. 28:19; Eph. 1:11; Acts 15:14; John 17:6, 18; Eph 4:12; 1 Cor. 5:10; Rom. 12:2; II Cor. 4:7)
The Authority and Power of the Bible
We affirm the divine inspiration, truthfulness and authority of both Old and New Testament Scriptures in their entirety as the only written word of God, without error in all that it affirms, and the only infallible rule of faith and practice. We also affirm the power of God's word to accomplish his purpose of salvation. The message of the Bible is addressed to all men and women. For God's revelation in Christ and in Scripture is unchangeable. Through it the Holy Spirit still speaks today. He illumines the minds of God's people in every culture to perceive its truth freshly through their own eyes and thus discloses to the whole Church ever more of the many-colored wisdom of God.
(II Tim. 3:16; II Pet. 1:21; John 10:35; Isa. 55:11; 1 Cor. 1:21; Rom. 1:16, Matt. 5:17,18; Jude 3; Eph. 1:17,18; 3:10,18)
The Uniqueness and Universality of Christ
We affirm that there is only one Savior and only one gospel, although there is a wide diversity of evangelistic approaches. We recognize that everyone has some knowledge of God through his general revelation in nature. But we deny that this can save, for people suppress the truth by their unrighteousness. We also reject as derogatory to Christ and the gospel every kind of syncretism and dialogue which implies that Christ speaks equally through all religions and ideologies. Jesus Christ, being himself the only God-man, who gave himself as the only ransom for sinners, is the only mediator between God and people. There is no other name by which we must be saved. All men and women are perishing because of sin, but God loves everyone, not wishing that any should perish but that all should repent. Yet those who reject Christ repudiate the joy of salvation and condemn themselves to eternal separation from God. To proclaim Jesus as "the Savior of the world" is not to affirm that all people are either automatically or ultimately saved, still less to affirm that all religions offer salvation in Christ. Rather it is to proclaim God's love for a world of sinners and to invite everyone to respond to him as Savior and Lord in the wholehearted personal commitment of repentance and faith. Jesus Christ has been exalted above every other name; we long for the day when every knee shall bow to him and every tongue shall confess him Lord.
(Gal. 1:6-9;Rom. 1:18-32; I Tim. 2:5,6; Acts 4:12; John 3:16-19; II Pet. 3:9; II Thess. 1:7-9;John 4:42; Matt. 11:28; Eph. 1:20,21; Phil. 2:9-11)
WHAT BLESSED HOPE BIBLE CHURCH BELIEVES
- We believe in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testament as verbally inspired of God and inerrant in the original writing, and that they are supreme and final authority in faith and life. (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
- We believe in one God Eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:1; Matthew 28:19; John 10:30)
- We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary and is true God and true man (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:18-23; Colossians 2:9)
- We believe that man was created in the image of God, and that he sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death, but spiritual death which is separation from God; and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature and are sinners in word, though and deed. (Genesis 1:27; Romans 3:23, 5:12, 6:23: 1 Corinthians 15:22) (Romans 2:12-15)
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice, and that all who believe in Him are justified on the basis of His shed blood. (Acts 13:18; Romans 4:5, 25: Galatians 2:16)
- We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His ascension into heaven and in His present life there for us as High Priest and Advocate. (Luke 24:1-43: Acts 2:32; Hebrews 7:25; 1 John 2:1)
- We believe in the blessed hope; and the personal, pre-millennial and imminent return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. (Matthew 24:28; 1 Thessalonians 1:9-10, 4:13-18, 5:1-11; Jude 14; Revelation 19: 11-21)
- We believe that all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ, are born again of the Holy Spirit and thereby, become children of God, sealed by the Holy Spirit; and preserved unto the day of redemption. (John 3:5, 10:28; Romans 8:35-39; 1 Peter 1:23)
THE POSITION OF BLESSED HOPE BIBLE CHURCH ON TONGUES
BLESSED HOPE BIBLE CHURCH is a non-tongue speaking church. We do not foster or teach the Tongues Movement. BLESSED HOPE BIBLE CHURCHS’ position is clear. Tongues is not a part of our ministry. We feel that tongues are not necessary for salvation, is not proof of the Holy Spirit, nor necessary for a victorious Christian life. The teaching of the Tongues Movement is neither sought here nor encouraged.